Thursday, December 6, 2012

Creating a New Me (My Revolution)


I read other peoples blogs, I look at other people's lives and I feel so small. So unimportant. My passions are just as big as others. My heart aching just as much or convicted just as strongly. What separates us? Why are they the ones leading the life I was meant to? Why can't I seem to make these things happen in my life?

Who am I... rather who do I see myself as?
A wife. A mother. A Christ-follower. Introspective. Analytical. Passionate about many things. Active in few. A perfectionist imprisoned by brain's need to apply order and balance to everything, it's sometimes a blessing, sometimes a curse. A quitter, sometimes before I even start if the task at hand seems too hard. Lazy. Very lazy at times. Selfish in nature. Have huge goals in my mission of motherhood or in servanthood of others but feel like I fall short every single day. I am not an overly fun or funny person, unless maybe you know me very well, though I greatly appreciate and seek that out in others. Not good with following through, not getting distracted with or completing my... he said what on Facebook?!?!... oh, oh yeah, goals. Huge, well thought out, purposeful goals in the form of multiple, incomplete, forgotten lists! You get the picture.

I could seriously go on about all the negatives and imperfections I see in myself. But, as I said, I have a need to balance everything and I absolutely claim a lot of positives about myself as well. I'm a very busy mom of 3 beautiful, precious souls entrusted to me and that trumps so many other things. Because I know that, I have a lot of grace towards myself in all these areas. I also do know that I am a woman of very strong faith. I am a servant through and through when I'm presented with a place to serve. I always try to obediently say yes when something is placed in front of me if I feel God's tug on my heart to do so. I seem to make a good accountability partner because I just don't have a lot of room for B.S. lol. I have a heart that aches so passionately for others that will almost certainly bring me to tears each time I'm confronted with something that pulls on my heartstrings. Namely, orphans, moms who can't provide even basics for their children like food, shelter, clothing, safety, etc., and homeless people. I'll cry, I mean ugly cry, each time I see one of these. So I'm a good person at heart, right?! I'm a good wife and mom in a ton of ways. I'm a daughter of the most-high King!

Who do I want to be?
I want to be someone who acts/serves without waiting for someone else to have to ask me to help. I want to take the passions that I have and serve them without fear for the ways they may impact my neat, non-messy life. I don't really care to "have an impact on the world". I just want to see people stop hurting, especially those God has given me a tender heart towards. I want to be more carefree and fun! More daring! I want to get off Facebook, off my unimportant daily emails, MSN or wherever else that grabs my attention daily and live my life! Check off my lists. Finish the projects or goals I set out to do from the small things like a decorating project to the big things like purposefully "training my children up in the way they should go". I want to homeschool my kids... yikes just the thought of it scares me so much! But, I want to. I want to adopt and/or have another baby... again yikes 4+ kids??? Am I crazy?! But I want to. I want to do all that while also spearheading missions/ministries focused on either supporting orphans or preventing the need for them to be orphaned by supporting their families, maintaining a clean, organized home, provided healthy meals for my kids, and finding a hobby like decorating crafts I've pinned on Pinterest! That's not all too much right? :O

Is who I am supposed to be and who I actually am on a daily basis the same? 
No, I most certainly am not living up to this ideal version of myself. I dream of who I could be. But it all seriously seems exhausting! Not sure I have the energy for all that, with 3 little ones at home including a newbe who still keeps me up at night! Definitely don't have the resources or time.

Who did God create me to be? 
I'm pretty sure God wants me to stop talking already about my faults and failures, throw my perfectionism out the door, and just start walking where he wants me to. Pretty sure he wants me to serve with blind abandon for all that could go wrong, all that it could take out of me or those around me, and just get down to the dirty work of living and serving and following him. Stop over-analyzing myself and my life and start living it. Stop waiting for someone to lead me and realize, He is that someone and I am capable of anything if He chooses it for me. Start seeing myself through His eyes. As His daughter. Powerful, effective, capable all because He is and I'm his. His partner. Partner in my life who wants me to succeed at everything we agree to do together as we intertwine our dreams and make them realities.

My Revolution
For some reason, God chose for our family, to move to AZ. He even brought a huge chunk of my family with us, maybe just to ensure we'd stick around instead of bailing at the first sign of trouble. Because, bail we would have after this awful year. Really, that's why I'm so contemplative about life right now, my upside down life. But we, my husband and I, both felt led here. Purposed to be here for something. Not really sure what that something is at this point but I'm sure ready to find out. It's time to start living the life we were given here. There are passions in my heart that I can't ignore. So, I'm praying that God will start sending me and us as a family ways to serve and put our faith into action and be an active example of servanthood to our kids. What better way for them to learn, right?! Since it's Christmas and almost New Year's time, I broke out my most favorite SheDaisy Christmas CD - Brand New Year. I love them! Their song "Brand New Year (My Revolution)" says a lot about what I'm feeling right now...

"Brand New Year (My Revolution)"
My revolution
Welcome to my revolution
My revolution, my revolution, my revolution, my revolution
My revolution
Yeah, yeah, yeah -

Learning to turn the outside inside out (inside outside inside out)

Having the courage to find what life is all about
Loving so purely can surely melt a frozen heart
Knowing sometimes all over's
The perfect place to start
[Chorus:]
Welcome to my revolution
Lucky you, lucky me
The way we were meant to be
This is my one resolution and I make it with no fear
To live, to love today
'Cause it's a brand new year

Seeing the world through rose-colored eyes

Yeah, this is my one big chance and I'm gonna take it twice
With the past down below, I know love lifted me up here
So I'll take a breath, kiss the sky, toll the bell
'Cause it's a brand new year
[Repeat Chorus]
[Bridge:]
Resiliently reclaiming me
Refining my recovery
Untwist my fate, unlock the gate
Let's make a little noise
'Cause it's a brand new year
Oh, welcome to my revolution
[Second Chorus:]
Welcome to my revolution, baby, yeah
Lucky you, lucky me
The way we were meant to be
This is my one resolution and I make it with no fear
It's never been so clear
Second chance is what got me here
To live, to love today
'Cause it's a brand new year

Lucky you, lucky me

'Cause it's a brand new year
Oh, oh, lucky you, lucky me
'Cause it's a brand new year
Welcome to my revolution
Lucky you, lucky me, yeah, yeah
Welcome to my revolution
Lucky you, lucky me, yeah, yeah
Welcome to my revolution 
 



So, welcome to my revolution. I'm really hoping to start putting all these desires in me to action. Having grace with myself when I fall short. But, always trying. Not quitting. Serving my family and others daily, in big, powerful, effective and eternally lasting ways!

No comments: